Announcement of changes! Not a new episode yet, sorry folks, but
an announcement of changes to the podcast and of exciting projects
soon to come. And a final (?) time travel movie letter from
frequent writer Peter Gay.
About the Podcast
Join Dave and Elise every week for a buggy-ride of cinematic exploration. A bilingual Montreal native and a Prairies hayseed gravitate to Toronto for the film culture, meet on OK Cupid, and spur on each other's movie-love, culminating in this podcast. Expect in-depth discussion of their old favourites (mostly studio-era Hollywood) and their latest frontiers (courtesy of the TIFF Cinematheque and various Toronto rep houses and festivals).
The podcast will be comprised of several potentially never-ending series:
- Fear & Moviegoing in Toronto: Our Perspectives on Choice Local Retrospectives
- Hollywood Studios – Year by Year: Deep-cut dishing on Paramount, MGM, Warner Brothers, RKO, Fox, and Universal items from 1930 to 1948.
- Acteurist oeuvre-views of worthy on-camera creatives, beginning with Jennifer Jones and Setsuko Hara.
- And a big parade of special subjects hand-chosen by whichever of your hosts happens to have a handle on this buggy that week
Finally, this feed also serves as an archive for a wide variety of shows we’ve been doing since 2014, including:
- Another Kind of Distance: A Time Travel Film Podcast
- We’re Not Gonna Talk About Judy: A Twin Peaks The Return Podcast
- Red Time For Bonzo: A Marxist-Reaganist Ronald Reagan Filmography Podcast (this one is Dave with his friends Romy and Gareth)
- And comics ‘casts discussing the works of Grant Morrison, Wolfman and Perez’s New Teen Titans, Gerry Conway’s Amazing-Spider-Man, and Mishkin, Cohn and Colon’s Amethyst Limited Series